POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity, Lights and ambient : Re: Radiosity, Lights and ambient Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity, Lights and ambient
From: Christoph
Date: 27 Jan 2003 02:50:03
Message: <web.3e34e4047108bb888c01fc670@news.povray.org>
hughes, b. wrote:
>"Christoph" <chr### [at] switzerlandorg> wrote in message
>>
>> Example picture:
>http:\\home.tiscalinet.ch\homes\christoph.boos\pov\lam2.png
>> pov code: http:\\home.tiscalinet.ch\homes\christoph.boos\pov\lam2.pov
>
>I can't get to those, only can get to the originating site and nothing
>deeper than that.

Sorrrrry, I got confused with the path... One more time:
Picture: http://home.tiscalinet.ch/christoph.boos/pov/lam2.png
File: http://home.tiscalinet.ch/christoph.boos/pov/lam2.pov

>> - where does the light come from?
>
>'diffuse' in 'finish' is the major controlling factor.

I see. Does that mean elements with a 'diffuse' in the finish emit light?

>> seems neither the roughness nor the crand seem to have an influence
>
>Make sure the 'normal' keyword is in the radiosity statement so texture
>normals are taken into account.

I'll try this. Just 'normal' without any parameter ? (I don't have the
manual next to me right now...)

Thanks
Christoph